Saturday, October 23, 2010

Cookie Lee


     So, what is Cookie Lee?  It is a jewelry business that operates a lot like selling Avon or Mary Kay.  Consultants (me) help people host "home shows".  That is how we sell the jewelry, and that is how a hostesses earns free jewelry.  I hosted a show right before we moved from Clovis to Taylor and I loved my stuff.  They have really cute things at reasonable prices.  The Cookie Lee jewelry I have, I bought over 3 years ago so it is durable as well.  I still wear those pieces which means I am either not up on fashion or the jewelry has been designed well to stay current.  I would love for you to view the catalog online at www.cookielee.com  For now I have chosen not to have a website so you won't find me in the consultant locator, but feel free to email or call me with an order, to host a show, or ask questions.
     If you host a show there are great benefits!  If the sales from your show are over $200 you earn $30 in free jewelry, 2 items at %50 off, and an opportunity to get the monthly hostess special.  The benefits only get better the higher amount of sales dollars your show generates.  Also no matter how much money your show brings in if any of your guests book a show you will receive a $25 gift certificate to use at their show and at least 1 item at %50 off.  All this information is in the catalog too if I am doing a poor job of explaining it.  There is no presentation at the show it is just a time to invite friends over to see the jewelry and hang out.  It is super low key and no pressure, which is reassuring to me.
     There are also ways to do fundraising, which I think is pretty cool.  I will have to look into it a little more and see how it all works but I just wanted to throw that out there in case anybody knows an organization, team, etc. that needs to do a fundraiser.
     So that is Cookie Lee in a nut shell.  I have chosen to do this to hopefully save money to buy a new (to us) car.  You know that Dave Ramsey... He would say to save up and pay cash.  I don't know if we will be able to do that but that is kinda my goal.

No comments: