Wednesday, October 20, 2010

What's next?

     Life is so busy these days.  I LOVE the weekends when we have time to just spend together as a family.  We always find something to do.  Recently we have been to Zilker Park, Jay's first 5k run of the fall, Lexington for the Chocolate festival, and the day of all things pumpkin.  The chocolate festival was not so much about chocolate which was a disappointment for Jay and I, but Ansley had lots of fun.  We did all eat some chocolate pancakes.  The day of all things pumpkin we first went and picked out our pumpkin.  Then we came home and painted and carved it.  We roasted the seeds, that I ate almost completely by myself because Ansley didn't like them and Jay doesn't really either.  They were delicious if I do say so myself. :)  We also made pumpkin bread which everyone loved.  There was LOTS so it's good that I had help eating it.

     We are about to enter a new phase of life I think.  As of this weekend our house will be on the market and I will try to start selling jewelry.  I am SO nervous about having people come look at the house with my disaster of a 4 year old who makes even cleaning up a mess.  Seriously, I have to applaud her effort but it is  kind of incredible how that works.  We were given the opportunity to move into our church's parsonage  is the reason we are trying to sell.  It is funny because we were actually talking about trying to sell the house anyway because we really would like to have a bigger yard with shade trees because Ansley loves to play outside and in the summer it is just SO hot.  Right now though, we do spend a lot of time outside which is nice.  Just a couple months ago we had mentioned to some friends that we were thinking about it.  We really do love our house we just kinda wish it was on a different lot.  So we won't be devastated if it doesn't sell.  We would just stay put.  That situation is totally in the Lord's hands to do whatever he wills.
     Now, for the jewelry story.  When we first moved to Taylor I thought about doing this to help our family financially, but was asked to teach MDO instead.  Then I started Grad school and at first I had classes during the day.  Now my classes are online and I can do them whenever.  Although I will have to drive to San Marcos (over an hour from our house) next semester for one final night class.  Then a few months ago Jay and I started talking about it again because our car has been aging quickly lately.  You should hear it start... poor thing.  It musters up all it's energy just to start.  I know you are all thinking... just get a new battery.  And I'm sure that would help but it's more than that I think.  So in response to needing a new car I started really looking into selling Cookie Lee and finding out what it would take and if I think I could do it.  I almost committed a month ago, but decided I should take a little more time to consider it and pray about it.  Well, I meet with the lady who is going to help me make my first purchase on Friday.  I am so hesitant about it because I don't want people to feel like...here comes Jamie she just wants me to buy something.  HA!  I have been praying that it will be a ministry opportunity as well as extra income.  Maybe I can interact with people that I may never have come in contact with before and show the love of Jesus through this silly jewelry business.  This situation is totally in the Lord's hands as well.  I will not be disappointed if it doesn't work out, but you don't know if you don't try.  I know I am not super outgoing so this will definitely stretch me.  I can be pleasant, yes, but I am NOT a conversationalist.  I so wish I could just talk to anyone but it's a real challenge for me to hold conversation with people I do not know.  Anyway after Friday I will post another blog about Cookie Lee just in case anyone is curious.
     So life has been crazy and is about to get crazier.
     Lord, I pray for strength and wisdom to juggle all the balls I have in my life.  Help me to keep my priorities in order so that I don't neglect the important things in life.  Show me how to share your love with the people in my path.  Most of all be glorified and use me as you wish.

2 comments:

Alison said...

I love your prayer at the end, so genuine. I will pray it for you in the coming weeks and probably borrow it for myself as well. Love you!

Jamie said...

Thank you and love you too sweet friend!