Thursday, November 11, 2010

Thankful

     Today is Veteran's Day and it just has me thinking how thankful I am for so many things in my life.  I am thankful for this country and those who serve to protect what we stand for.  I could never express how thankful I am to be born into the family God placed me in.  I am surrounded by loving, supporting, Christ followers on all sides to journey through life with as family and I will forever be grateful!  I am so thankful for my husband who is so perfect for me, whom I will never take for granted!  He is such a fun and loving provider, mate, friend, and father.  When days are blah I simply have to look at the faces of my two beautiful daughters to take me to a place of being thankful!  Their smiles and little selves that were fearfully and wonderfully made are so inspiring.

     Over the weekend we attended my 10 year high school reunion.  I was feeling a little awkward about the whole thing but once we got there sweet faces from dear friends eased that feeling away.  I have told many people that I feel my high school experience was different than most because I truly feel most of my friends were seeking to live a life like Christ.  Maybe it was my naivety but I have always been thankful to have been a part of a seemingly rare occurrence.  I'm not saying it was perfect.  There was drama as will always be amongst teenagers, but for me it was an as iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another  (Prov. 27:17) kind of experience.  If it weren't for facebook I would not have kept up with just about anyone, so on my list of "I'm thankful for" I must add facebook. :)

     Being a friend as an adult is way harder than it has previously been.  I guess because there are other priorities that take precedence and because you aren't forced to be in the same location as others day after day, especially as a stay at home mom.  But I am not using that excuse anymore.  I am resolved to be a better friend.  I'm not exactly sure how that will look but I have begun praying already that God would help me to see beyond my door and show me how to be a real and compassionate friend.
The Willeford part of my precious family

Sweet "new" friends

1 comment:

Bonky's Mom said...

Love the pics--your girls are such beauties! Jay's gonna have to beat away the boys! : )