Monday, August 20, 2012

When we know our place

     This summer was a good one.  It was somewhat laced with anxiety but I never felt overly anxious because I live for a savior who is in the business of setting all things right.  I didn't feel anxious because I trusted his plan for me.  I was so desperate to hear and do whatever it is God wants me to do.  I couldn't get enough, I couldn't read enough, I was content just being in his presence.  I think in the midst of walking through this daily life I finally knew and accepted my place.  By that I mean, I knew that it's not about me.  It's not about how I feel, what I want to do, or what other people are thinking.  I knew my place as a woman created in the image of God to be in relationship with God for the purpose of making God known.
     As a sit here writing this, I wonder why I can know my place one day, and wake up the next day back in the same ole grind of "going through the motions".  I'll tell you one thing though, even on ordinary days we can be confident of our place in Christ and his love for us.  So everyday, whether good or bad, let us agree with the psalmist...

" I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living." Psalm 27:13


No comments: