Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The princess and the frog

In our front yard there is a water meter box between our house and the neighbors.  I think the first summer we lived in this house we realized a frog was in there.  Ever since then there have been several frogs that have chosen that place as their home.  Well actually I think they are toads, but it's all the same to me.  Right now we have about 4 in there.  Until this summer Ansley would only occasionally go and check on the frogs.  I think she mostly wanted to know they were still there, but now she has adopted them as if they are part of the family.  We "go look at the frogs" just about every day.  She picks one out and holds it, carries it around, and pets it.  She almost always gets peed on at least once, but she doesn't care.  ICK, just thinking about it is gross.  She had it on the swing with us in the backyard the other day and it jumped up against my leg and I acted like the prissy little girl because I shivered and screamed.  HAHA!  They just feel so disgusting.  Ansley is a girl with lots of drama who loves shiny things, talking on the phone, and shoes like any girly girl does.  However, she also loves to climb trees, run around and get sweaty, and play with frogs.  I don't know whether to call her a "tomboy" or not.  Anyway, I have always thought this about Ansley but this situation makes it so much more evident.  I guess I was kinda that way as a young girl too.  I loved being outside, climbing trees and such.  I DID NOT ever like frogs though.  Here are a few pictures of my little princess and her frog.

This was about 2 weeks before Adalynn was born.  Her eyes are closed so because she is showing off her blue eye shadow. 
  
Here's a little video I did of her playing with her frog the other day.

Of course I have to post a photo of Adalynn.  I don't want her to feel left out. :)
This was on her 2 month biirthday.

1 comment:

Kristie said...

I LOVE the frog in her pocket. Perfect.