Thursday, September 9, 2010

For the parents


     Well summer is over.  I do LOVE summer, but this year I am kinda ready to get back into the routine of "school days".  Ansley started MDO this week.  I have always called MDO school but Ansley insists on me calling it Pre K this year.  :)  A lot of the kids from her class last year are in the other class which made me a little sad.  I think this means Ansley is one of the oldest in her class.  She already thinks she is so "big" so I appreciated her being the younger rather than the oldest of the kids last year.  It will be fine though.  Ansley's teacher Ms. Debbie is awesome and so sweet.  I think her calm spirit will be good for my crazy Ansley.  I hope that a little of Ms. Debbie's calm can wear off on her.  Today was my first day to "teach" music to the MDO kids.  It was a lot of fun and those kids were so sweet.  I'm glad that I see them in 15-20 sessions that way they stay sweet. HA!  It's not really long enough for them to get to cranky.

     Last weekend we went to visit my parents.  While we were there we went to visit my Nanny so she could meet Adalynn.  I think Adalynn is her 13th great grandbaby.  It was fun to go up there.  It had been a while since we'd gotten to visit and as always I enjoy seeing my family.  It still feels like home when we are all together.  Jay, Ansley, and I went riding around "the farm" on the gator.  Jay had never seen all Nanny's land and Ansley has been talking about how she wants to live on a farm when she grows up so we thought it would be fun to explore.  I wished I'd taken my camera with me out on our drive.  Oh well, maybe next time.
Adalynn will be 2 months old this coming Monday.  To me she has gotten so big, but today I had someone ask me if she was a preemie.  She has started holding her head up pretty well and reaching out for things she sees.  The other day she even pulled the rings on her swing to make the music come on.  Isn't she talented. :) Oh those little milestones.  My favorite of her new activities is her smile.  She has started smiling a lot and when you smile at her she will she back.  She also smiles when Jay tickles her.  Love those sweet baby smiles.  Now we just need to start sleeping through the night!  Here is a video of Ansley and I giving Adalynn a bath...she was all smiles!  
      

1 comment:

Kristie said...

So sweet! You have a good little helper with that baby!

I did my collages on Scrapblog. I just imported all the photos, arranged them, then exported it to my desktop. Then I uploaded it as a photo on the blog. It sounds like a lot, but it takes less time than loading a ton of pics on blogger!