Sunday, June 27, 2010

This summer so far

       This has been one crazy summer and I can hardly believe that June is almost over!  Ansley had her first ever swim lessons and it was incredible how much she learned in just 4 30 minute one on one sessions with her teacher, Ms. Staci.  I was such a proud momma and still am because she just keeps getting better at it.  Jay is convinced she can be an athlete if she wants to be because she picks things up very quickly and has good coordination.  Of course, I wouldn't know anything about being an athlete but if he says so. :)          

       Adalynn got lots of stuff she will need at the shower that was held at our church.  My sweet friends and hostesses had planned a lunch for the guests and it was such a great day and I felt very special to have so many people in my life who are supporting Jay and I as we raise these 2 girls!

       Next, we stayed a week in WF with my parents while Jay and the HS kids were at camp.  It was a good visit and that week went so fast.  The following week we went to Port Aransas Tx to stay at the beach with my family.  This was Ansley's first trip to the beach and she had a blast.  Of course we stayed very busy so now every day she asks "what are we going to do today" or "where are we going now".  She needs to snap out of vacation "GO" mode because this momma is worn out.  It was a lot of fun and really the first time that my family has been together more than just a couple days over Christmas.  My brother, sister-in-law, and nephew Ridgely were there too.  It is so funny how things change like adding spouses and kids but so many things stay the same in family situations too.  I feel like I have changed the most and unfortunately not really for the better.  Being an adult doesn't wear well on me HA!  At least I'm aware of this though, and I'm working on it.    

       Two weeks from tomorrow we are expecting to meet this precious child that been sharing life with me for the past 9 months.  I am getting very excited to meet her and a little bit worried about the change all at the same time.  I find myself being sentimental about things with Ansley and am praying that she will still feel just as loved and adored as ever even when her mommy and daddy have another baby to love and adore.  My due date is July 26th but we are inducing on July 12th.  I really do feel like this induction is an answer to prayer.  I have friends that have shared their concern about inducing, but I also have friends that have had nothing but positive things to say about their induction experiences.  Like I said I feel grateful to have been given this option because I would never have just asked to be induced but my doctor is going to be away at a conference for over a week and since Ansley was born a week early my doctor gave me the option to be induced so she could be there for the birth.  We thought and prayed about it for a couple of weeks before deciding for sure what to do, and in the end we agreed to do it.  Like I said I really feel it was an answered prayer to an extra detail God allowed me to praise Him for.  Ever since I was having the ligament pain (which was worst between weeks 8-15) I've been talking to God about having this baby early.  HA  I'm sure lots of pregnant women pray this prayer because no one wants to have their baby late.  But I mostly said God whenever you're ready so am I.  Anyway, all this to say I will be induced exactly 2 weeks before my due date at 38 weeks.  I was kinda induced with Ansley because my water broke and nothing else labor related happened until they started me on the pitocin.  Seriously, I think I was only dilated to 1 or something when they started it.  But everything with Ansley went well and I loved the birth experience with her so that is keeping me from having reservations about inducing with this one too.

       Sorry that was a really long story about nothing of interest to anyone but me probably but I just got carried away writing my thoughts.  I am exhausted having started month 9 but I am going to try to make the most of these 2 weeks in preparation for Adalynn joining the Reed family.

No comments: