Monday, December 14, 2009

That CVS card from a couple weeks ago

       Back when Ansley had pink eye I took her prescription to CVS, remember, to get the free $25 gift card.  So now I should tell the world, because I promised, the story about that.  When I got the card I used it immediately on toothpaste, crest Pro Health to be specific, and a pregnancy test.  Jay and I had been trying for a while to have another kid, but we really were happy with just the one we had.  It had been a year but we said we would give it until the end of 09 to make any further decisions on the subject.  I was late, but for some reason I always feel like there is no way I'm pregnant.  I remember feeling that way the first time too.  But sure enough I got home and took the test to find a positive result.  I was excited but still felt like, well, ok, what do I do now? HA! That was right before Thanksgiving and we weren't going to tell anyone until Christmas, but obviously that didn't work out.  :)  It is hard to keep good news to yourself.
       We wanted to tell Ansley first so she would know what everyone was talking about.  She is also the one who told my parents and Jay's parents.  I think she is ok with the idea, but sometimes I think she is not so sure about all this new baby stuff.  She is pretty funny though.  She asked if we could call the baby coconut the other day.  We told her that could be her nickname for the baby.  I was feeling kinda sick one day and she asked why.  I told her when mommies have babies in their bellies it makes them feel a little sick sometimes.  She said, "Then take it out".  HA!  Just this morning she asked me if the baby was still in there.  When I said yes she said the baby must not be done growing yet.  :)  RIGHT!
       I am about 9 weeks now so I still have a long way to go.  To Ansley the end of July is like an eternity away.  This pregnancy so far has been very different from the first one.  With Ansley I didn't feel sick at all, expect for one day I took my vitamin without eating first.  But this past week I have had a lot of sickness.  Mostly, just the feeling not actually getting sick, thank goodness.  Jay, Ansley, and I are very excited about the new member of the family and would love to be remembered in your prayers during this transition time in our lives.  I'm sure there will be lots more baby Reed news in the future.

No comments: