Monday, November 30, 2009

A Happy Heart

       Well tis the Holiday season.  We had a good Thanksgiving visiting all our family, but that 8 hour drive to Clovis is a killer.  UGH!  I am so glad to be home.  However, on the car ride home I was once again blessed my sweet little miss.  Our sermon Sunday was about putting more of Christ in Christmas and not being so caught up in our "Americanism".  Derek said in his message that we feel like we have to buy all this stuff to give our family a Christmas they will never forget and then we do it all again the next year, so is it really working?  Probably not.  So my daughter while watching Madame Blueberry boiled it all down for us.  She said, "She doesn't need all that stuff.  She needs a happy heart.  Right Mommy?"  My heart melted just a little and I said a prayer that she will always hold to that truth.
       Today, we had to go to the store because after being gone for several days we had no groceries.  Ansley sang the Madame Blueberry song the whole time we were shopping.  I feel the need to post the words here so we can keep this in mind during this hectic time of year.

     Because a thankful heart is a happy heart
     Be glad for what I have thats an easy way to start
     For the love that HE shares as HE listens to my prayers
     Thats why we say thanks everyday

Thank you Lord for the life you've chosen for me.  Help me to be ever thankful for all you do for me and all you have given to me.  I know I am entitled to nothing, but because of Christ I am an heir of the God who created everything.  May I long for more of Christ in this season and all year through.
 

No comments: