Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Christmas time is here!

Hello blog reading friends!  I am officially and completely done with my master's degree so maybe more computer time for fun rather than school.  (cross my fingers)  That is one of the exciting things that has happened this December.  I will tell you this Christmas season I am so excited!  It is a complete contrast to the way I felt last year at this time.  Man, I was kind of a grinch.  To look back over the changes during 2011 I'm a little upset at myself for being that way because last Christmas was truly one to be cherished, seeing as it was the last one I had with my grandmother and the last one to celebrate with my mother in law.  Maybe that realization has spurred me to have a little more joy this year.  I am forever grateful to have had those 2 precious women in my life and I will miss them dearly for years to come.

On a lighter note this year I decided to do a 12 days of Christmas with Ansley (and Adalynn although she can't participate quite like big sis can).  I love that some moms can do the whole month of December but I know myself and my limitations and 12 days is kinda pushing it. HA!  We did start a little early so we could take a hiatus trip to Grammy and Jimpa's for a few days.  But here is what we have done so far.
Day 1- Paint a Christmas picture
Day 2- Make Christmas cookies
Day 3- Take treats to the neighbors (Ansley loves doing this every year)
Day 4- Family game night (we played a Christmas version of pictionary and charades, I was super impressed with Ansley's skills)
Day 5- is today and we are gonna make it a hot cocoa night (even though it is like 70 degrees outside)
I used to think I could never do the whole advent season but when I took the pressure off myself to make everything a big "to do" we had a chance to just enjoy the simple things and being together.  We might do these things anyway but having it as a mystery for Ansley to open is most of the fun.  I love that Jay is also reading a part of the Christmas story every night at the dinner table.

Ansley helped me decorate the tree and she did a pretty good job. Although the bottom right side of the tree is "extra decorated", I think it looks awesome.  Ansley also has already had her school Christmas program where they sang Up on the Housetop and Jingle Bells.  MAN was that place was a madhouse!!!!
Ansley during her school program

In other not Christmas related news, the girls have both had a hand, foot, and mouth virus.  Poor Adalynn!  Her mouth and diaper rash looked just awful! Ansley had it too but she didn't look as bad.  Her problem was it was in her throat and she could barely eat or drink anything for a few days.  I'm happy to report that Ansley is back at school today and Adalynn's face and bottom are back to normal.
Adalynn in her Christmas outfit before going to nursing home

Today Adalynn and I went with some of our MOPS moms to the nursing home and sang Christmas songs for them.  It was a good time and everyone there was just so happy to see the kids.  Tomorrow is the MDO program and then Friday is Ansley's class party.  It is going to be a busy week.

I'm having a really hard time waiting on giving them their gifts.  I am so excited this year I can barely stand it.

No comments: