Thursday, August 12, 2010

One month old

1  month old
  
     So Adalynn had her one month birthday today.  I feel like "man it's already been a month, and man its ONLY been a month" all at the same time.  I am not sure I'm totally taking it all in.  I feel like I walk around like a sleepy airhead most of the day.  I am realizing why I barely remember anything from life with Ansley before she was 3 months old.  You are just too tired to remember anything that is happening.  HA!  The first two weeks seemed to go extremely well, followed by a much more difficult 2 weeks.  We will see how things go from here.  I feel like Adalynn is sleeping fairly well considering, she only gets up once around 3 or 4 AM.  It's just I'm still not accustomed to waking up in the middle of the night.  Apparently I am a deep sleeper and when I'm out I would like to be out for a long time.  I typically would rather not sleep at all then sleep for only a little while. So I am not a napper, usually.  I say usually because I think I've napped more this month than at any other point in my adult life.  This makes for feelings of guilt when relating to Ansley.  I can't help but wonder what she thinks about me napping all the time.  I keep telling myself that it's ok because if I didn't nap I would be a much grumpier mommy and Ansley wouldn't like that either. :) The best part of the last week has been 2 of my other friends having their babies.  Ansley's MDO teacher last year Ms. Kayla had her baby on the 5th and another of my friends from church/MOPS who's oldest son was in Ansley's class last year, had her baby on the 7th.  We are still patiently waiting for Kathleen to have her little girl.  Her due date was today and I am dying to meet Jill.  I'm sure Kathleen and family are too.  But it's so sweet to see all these beautiful baby girls that have all been much anticipated for so long.  
Before church last Sunday morning

     Ansley is still doing very well and seems to love being a big sister.  Yesterday she found one of the "baby" movies that we watched when she was little.  When Adalynn was awake and playing yesterday evening Ansley wanted to watch it because she thought it was a movie she and Adalynn could both watch together.  I thought it was sweet of her to try and include her baby sister.  She hugs her all the time and wants to hold her as much as possible.  She also likes to help hold the bottle if we use one.  Her favorite is when Adalynn holds onto her finger.  Ansley has so many questions too.  I can't imagine what she thinks when I'm nursing and what she thinks about all the crying.  I do know she does NOT like the crying.  I don't either who can blame her :)  I feel bad saying this but I kinda think the worst part of newborn life this go round is Ansley trying to "help".  Sometimes I just want to tell her, "Don't worry about it, I'm handling it".  Also she seems in the way a lot and I know she is just curious but some things would go a lot smoother without a sidekick following me around.  I am grateful though for how understanding she's been because I am sure I've hurt her feelings a lot lately but maybe one day she'll forgive me.
     So thats life from the first month of life with 2 children.  I can't wait until I am well rested once again and can really start taking it all in and enjoying these beautiful girls the Lord has given me.  I am so blessed!

3 comments:

Kristie said...

I feel the same way sometimes- like I can't believe Will is almost 16 months old, but at the same time every day is the longest day of my life. Just sleep when you can and try not to feel guilty about it. I can't imagine being that tired and having to take care of a 4 year old too. You can do it! Somehow moms do this all the time and survive! ;) She's beautiful!

Do you think she looks like her sister?

Jamie said...

Thanks for giving me permission to sleep! That really does make me feel better! I think she does look a lot like her sister. She looks so much like Jay too I think. I'm not sure why but I just noticed your comment today. Sorry that took a while.

Jamie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.